An important part of making moving less stressful is based on good planning, keeping on top of packing, and managing your time effectively.
1. Create a moving planHaving a solid moving plan will keep you organized. There are a lot of things you need to do before, during, and after a move. We recommend writing everything down to reduce stress and minimize forgetfulness. Once this is done you’ll notice a big difference in your stress level!
We recommend writing out all the tasks that have to be accomplished.
Here are some things that you should plan for:
- Choose your moving date
- Research moving companies
- Get three quotes
- Pick a moving company
- Figure out how what you need for packing supplies.
- Create your schedule for packing
- Create a list of rooms and items to pack
- Set a schedule
- Start packing
You can find many resources on the internet that can assist you. Take a look at packing checklists or moving checklists for some inspiration.
2. Reduce extra clutter and unwanted itemsTo reduce the stress caused by clutter, try to minimize the amount of extra junk in your home. It will take almost no time for you to feel more relaxed. We recommend organizing things into three piles: sell, donate, and throw away.
3. Keep a positive mindsetThe key to moving is to keep a positive mindset! Studies have shown that positive thinking has stress-management benefits as well as health benefits. While moving brings stress, keep a positive attitude while you do it. Do not resist it; embrace it, accept it, and be patient with yourself and others. Consider getting support from friends and family. Talking with others will help you stay grounded during stressful times.
Choose Morrison Moving
Picking a professional moving company like Morrison Moving is one of the best decisions that you will make.
We provide regular moving services, storage and more.
We also have full-service moving, which includes professional packing services.
Let us help make your move stress-free.
THE DECISION IS EASY! CALL US NOW AT (905) 525-8332.